Testing and tagging is the process by which an electrical appliance undergoes a visual inspection and an electrical safety test with a portable appliance tester to ensure it is safe to use in the work place. In accordance with the Australian Standards AS/NZS 3760:2010 as extracted below:
“Electrical Equipment needs to be subject to regular inspection and testing to detect obvious damage & wear”
At Hydroproof Test & Tag, we check your electrical equipment to make sure it’s in safe working order and in line with OH&S requirements. We offer the following services:-
- Safety inspection and testing using our portable appliance tester of all your electrical appliances and devices.
- Visual inspection for damage especially to the insulation.
- Test there is no electrical insulation leakage.
- Complete an earth circuit test.
- Print and attach a Tag to the appliance or device stating the company who carried out the testing, barcoded asset number, date of testing, the retest date, the technician who carried out the test and the outcome of the testing.
- Produce Test Certificates and Asset Register in electronic format emailed to you.
- Remind you when your testing is due for re-test.
- Repair or replace some items were possible that are damaged if required.
- All testing is carried out by trained electricians.